There are various ways to improve the SEO ranking of a site. Of them, one of the most popular is the link building strategy. Link Building can go a long way in helping a website establish a strong online presence and get discovered on the web. Make sure you don’t fall prey to the shady linking building techniques. The way SEO works have evolved a lot since its inception. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that link earning rather than link building is the future of SEO. In order to earn links, you have to develop unique and engaging content which other good, reputable and relevant sites would want to link to. But, until your site reaches that stage here is what you can do. First analyze your backlink profile and make sure it is as per Google penguin guidelines. If you find there are any shady backlinks then disavow them using a disavow tool.
Here are some tips that will help you in building quality links for your site.
- It is very important that the backlinks to your site are from genuine, trusted sites. You can make use of social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, etc., to generate good quality back links.
- It is also important to have good anchor text diversity. For a backlink portfolio to be good, it should contain a variety of different link types, such as generic links, brand links, links with exact match keywords, etc.
- Guest blogging on similar sites is also a good way to earn links. You can also promote your site on YouTube, etc.
- Try to link your own old posts to new posts. This strategy makes use of linking your content internally to gain backlinks.
- Find out if there are any broken URLs. Fix them as soon as possible. This technique is called link reclamation and is one of the oldest ways of building quality links.
So, start building a good backlink profile for your start and take it to new heights on the web.