So, finally you have made up your mind. After spending a lot of time researching and discussing you have come to the conclusion that its time your business had its own site. Without a doubt it is a great idea but don’t think that all you have to do is a hire a good website designer. Sure, you will need a website designer but, there are certain things you have to ponder over and be clear about it if you want your site to succeed. Here are our top pointers to consider when designing your website.
- Know who your target audience is and how you will be serving them?
- What is the purpose of your website? Is it for information or to generate sales, etc.?
- Will the site reflect your organisation in all aspects?
- How are your competitors sites designed? What do you think of them?
- What is the cost involved in designing and launching the site? Who will manage and maintain it?
- Will the site be scalable keeping in mind that there might be a need of future expansion?
We understand that you might feel that there are too many things to consider. But, remember your website launch is no small thing either. So, it is better to be well prepared and to leap into it with all the necessary information. Among other things also consider the aesthetic aspect of web designing; make sure that you website looks pleasing on the eye. Use colours that are not too bright, use readable fonts, make your site easy to navigate, etc. Also don’t try to put in too much of everything – keep it clutter free. Do add an ‘about us’ and a ‘contact us’ page.
Web designing is a very crucial for the success of your site. But, if you give enough thought to the pointers listed above you should be able to come up with a fabulous web designing concept that will give you a winning edge over your competitors.